Monday, March 28, 2016

It Never Rains?

Happy Monday friends! My kids are back at school after a wonderful two weeks off, now I start the countdown to summer vaca. I know what's the rush? I just love having no set schedule. And I do like my kids home with me :)

Any way, I'm here with a challenge that I did for both a music challenge and More Than Words. Are you familiar with them? Click on their title to check it out. They do a main and a mini challenge. The talent is truly off the chain! This month the prompts were Bliss/gesso. Have a look at my layout.













Can you see the raindrops on the Bird of Paradise above? They're such gorgeous flowers. After a rainfall everything is so clean and clear, I found my walk inspiring and truly blissful.My layout started out with a coating of clear gesso, which I love when you're adding mists to it.Then some texture paste/stenciling and lots of misting fun. The flowers I've had for a few years and they got some Lindy's spritzed on em and my butterfly was stamped painted with Colour Arte then Utee'd. I love the glass look it gives. I think the whole layout exudes a rainy feel.

The music challenge is over at scrapbook.com, the person who signs up after you posts the song you need to use for inspo. Mine was It Never Rains In Southern California, and that song is spot on about the weather here. It never does, but when it finally happens it's a darn national disaster! I was on my walk with a light drizzle and I took these pics of these pretty flowers. I also did a video -


Thanks for visiting!



7 comments:

  1. this page is amazing!!
    love the fab background and those photos!!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is GORGEOUS Paula.. YOu have captured the whole vibe here beautifully, from the raindrops, to the flowers and the photos are devine. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is just BEAUTIFUL... love the cluster of blue flowers!!Thanks for joining this month over @ More Than Words! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! The splashes of orange against the blues is stunning! Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the rain and we haven't had enough this year yet :( still in drought mode with water restrictions :( I agree with you the BoP are beautiful after the rain. :D Such a lovely layout and I love the colours. I need to try and play along in this challenge. Beautiful work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout! I love your background and that gorgeous flower! Love the composition! All the best from More Than Words! :) I would like to invite you to visit my blog this month for a giveaway!http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails