Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spoolies!

Well hello there friends and a Happy Palm Sunday to those who celebrate it! I know some of you are experiencing old man winter but here in sunny so cal it's summer-like!Today I bring you a cute little project called Spoolies. Huh? What in the world is a Spoolie? Well, let me tell you. They are the things that hold your thread or ribbon, better known as a spool :) If you've noticed a lot of craft stores sell these little wooden diddies for altering. I discovered this awesome papercrafter channel called Paperkitz run by Kit Bauer and she has these adorable ones made from paper. I did this for the Swirlygirl March Challenge for an off the page project. You can check the challenge out *HERE*  

These are really easy, you can make them from your scraps and have cute little home-decor pieces for each season. I used Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams line for mine, cut the butterfly with my cricut and the flowers are I Am Roses and Mike's Recollections from my stash -
























They make a very cute addition to my Easter Table. Very spring and cheery!  Here is Kit's tut pay her channel a visit you won't be disappointed -




1 comment:

  1. Ah those are so cute. I want to try my hand at making some. No time at the moment to just play... maybe after the wedding. Keep creating <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails