Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween Lap Book

Hey folks!  How are you?  Amazingly it is now November!  I need to get my tookus in gear and start Christmas shopping.  My favorite thing about November is all the yummy food I prepare.  Yeah I know but I love to cook and I really love to eat lol!  Any who I digress from why I am here today :)  I made a neat album for my son's elementary school's annual fall festival.  I make things every year and donate them to be raffled off.  This year I went back to the album after making holiday banners last year.  I got the tutorial from Kathy Orta and I will share her link for the tut from start to finish.  Let me say this style of album rocks!  It's called a lapbook type and you can pack it to the nth degree for sure.  I took pics but did a video because there is simply no way pics alone do this puppy justice.














Friends, there are pockets galore in this album.  The possibilities are only tied to what you can think of.  I made one for my daughter's sis in law's baby shower in September and it was gorgeous.  I did tags instead of photo mats for that one.  For Christmas I'm making a travel one for my cousin who goes all over the place and has a gazzilion pics!  I'm excited about that one :)

Here's the video -



See? I wasn't kidding! I would've had to take 50 pics to try and get it all!  Again, if you can think it, you can make this album style work for you. For this album I used DCWV Bewitched stack from either last year or the year before. I only bought 3 packages of Jolene's Halloween embellies for it, which I have left for myself too. Here is Kathy's video, it is just the first of 7 and may I suggest you subscribe to her channel because the woman is just, well, a Phenomenon ;)



Thanks for visiting!  Enjoy the rest of your week.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous project and a lovely idea to raffle it. You are such a cool mom and your cooking is making me put on weight just looking at it. LOVED the vid.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails