Monday, March 24, 2014

Creative Embellishment's March Challenge

Hi all, wanted to share a layout I did for Creative Embellishment's monthly challenge.  Do you know them?  They have gorgeous chipboard, wood veneer, and rubber stamps.  Simply fantastic pieces to add to your collection.  Click right *HERE* to check out their store, and on their name for the challenge.

You have a sketch and a pic for inspiration.  I pulled from both.  Here's the pic and sketch -
























and here's my interpretation -












This is a pic from my daughter Desirae's wedding.  That is a font of never ending pics!  She and her maid of honor my niece Samantha were having the "getting ready" pics done.  I used the green and purple from the pic as well as butterflies, no prodding necessary there ;)  I switched up the sketch just a bit with picture orientation and placement.  The chippie is from their vine that I gesso'd sprayed and cut up to tuck in here and there.  I used their awesome title piece in the smaller size, "Isn't She Lovely" That was gesso'd and sprayed as well.

In the bottom right corner is a free printable that I downloaded and printed then fussy cut to tuck into the matting and on the left side are book page and music sheet scraps that I layered as well as a pleated fan that I tucked in.  The flowers are from my stash, the purple Prima roses and the daisy petaloo, the rose I made as well as die cut leaves from the Tattered Leaves die.

Product List -

Bassic Grey, Cappela
Bazzil Basics, Olive green
Creative Embellishments Chipboard, Florish Set 14, Isn't She Lovely title piece
Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays, Jumping Jack Frost, Primrose Gold, Tea Pot Purple, Rusty Lantern Lime, A Bit O'Bubbly, Steampunk Sepia
Tattered Angels Glimmermist, Deep Plum
Flat Back Pearls, ivory
Butterfly Printable
Vintage Sewing Printable
Petaloo Flowers
Prima Flowers
Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves Big Shot Die
Song rubber stamp
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page and Corner Punch, scallop
Distress Inks, walnut, black soot
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger Garden Green

If I left anything out, I'm sorry.  Any ?'s just ask :)  Hope you  like it and thanks for coming by!



16 comments:

  1. A-ma-zing!
    I love the purple and green, the lacy background paper and how you flipped the sketch around.
    A beautiful layout to compliment a beautiful picture!
    I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day now though........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, don't you just love when a song gets stuck in your head! The worst is when one of the kiddie show songs get lodged in the brain :)

      Thanks Court, :) you always make me feel good!

      Delete
  2. OMG now you are started me on it too :P So pretty Paula, love your take on the challenge. The colours are so pretty. love the concertina flower... she is such a pretty girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, you can hum it all day :) thanks Val, I like the color combo too. It pops.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous take on the sketch and mood board at Creative Embellishments! I am so in to purple right now that this page sings to me!!! Your flowers are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us! Hope to see back again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, what a gorgeous LO! Yes, she is quite lovely, I'd have to say! ;) What a beautiful interpretation of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the CE design team, great work Paula & thx for participating in the March monthly challenge!!
    xo Wendy
    http://lifepapersoul.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout and beautiful pic! Love the color combo, flower clusters and alterations of the chippies. Thanks for playing along at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout! Love the fabulous pops of purple w/the green. Beautiful details! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments March challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Loving the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the title work, thank you for playing along with us over at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never tire of seeing her wedding pictures! She is just stunning!
    Love your colors here, and the flowers and butterflies just seem to go perfect with the photo. Really like the added touch of the sheet music, it goes perfectly with your title (and the song is now in my head too). The pearls were a nice added touch.
    I really like your take on the sketch Paula! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :) I have so many darn pics from that day :) I'm really trying to use stuff from my hoard quite a bit too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails