Friday, January 10, 2014

Sketchabilities

Sketchabilities is a great challenge website.  Give their title a click to check em out. They have some gorgeous sketches to get your mojo flowing!  I was inspired to do a layout of the recent winter blast that hit last week for all my friends and family back home.  This pick was shown on one of the news sites and I just thought how beautiful all the snow and ice looks.  Don't get me wrong, I still don't miss it one bit, but it does make for some breathtaking photos and inspiration :)

Here's the sketch -




















and my interpretation -






















Everything was from my stash.  Nothing bought. Products -

DCWV Arctic Wishes stack
Bazzil pink paper
Martha Stewart's border punch large and small snowflake
Donna Salazar BYOB flourishes from Prima
Prima Flowers white, painted blue
Paper Flowers pink
13 arts Ayeeda paint matte blue
Lindy Stamp Gang sprays
Stickles

The Prima flowers I won from Frank Garcia who is the creator of Paperhaus mag, gorgeous online mag!  13 arts paints was also won :)

Hope you like it :)



12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous wintery colour palette on your LO, beautiful! Thanks for playing along w us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just stunning, Paula! I love the colours and the bling and the amazing photo and oh my, I need to find those snowflake border punches!
    I should be taking more photos of the snow here. It got so heavy and then started raining and now our gazebo has caved in!
    On second thought, maybe I don't want to remember.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got those punches from HSN about 3 maybe 4 years ago in a bunched promo they had. Every 3 mos I got another set for the season. It has the punch around the pg, corner, and large edge and the center pg punch! Each set was 39 with shipping. Couldn't pass it by :)

      The pic really is pretty, but the reality of the damage snow and ice can do to a home is not pretty at all. Crap on the gazebo Court! Makes me think of the Allstate Mayhem commercial with the dude on the roof as snow and it caves!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous page! Love the bling flourish and fabulous photo w/your bold cluster! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #106 at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, couldn't resist doing a winter lo with all the beautiful pics of the snow that was out there :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous layout! That photo is amazing!! I just cannot imagine what it is like having my home surrounded by so much snow. In northern New Zealand we dont get snow at all! Thanks for joining our challenge at Sketchablilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my oh my. this is a GORGEOUS layout!! Love the beautiful colors and the icy look.Thank you for joining us at Sktechabilities :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a gorgeous winte layout, I love the blings and the touch of red that pops up!
    thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Courtney and think I need the punch too! Very nice choice of papers to use with that photo! Really like the ric rac in the top left of the page, and ya know I love me some bling! So glad I don't live in the messy ice and snow though, cause it's only pretty for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My days of snow and ice are looong ovuh! Nevuh again :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails