Monday, June 17, 2013

Teacher's Gift

I made this altered cigar box and the little goodies inside for Santino's teacher.  I love the way it came.  The inspiration was from Janet Coulter who makes some of the most delightful little goodies!  Here's a link to her youtube channel, check her out you won't be disappointed -

Janet Coulter


I painted the cigar box and used some homemade texture paste with my own homemade mask made with my cricut.  Some tags and Prima printables that I had along with two pretty stick pins I made.  Hope you like -
















The paper line was My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.  Love that paper! Ribbons and flowers from my stash, of course distress inking and misting. My cricut was used for cutting tags, bird cage,door, and little banner.  Obviously it's to look like a storefront.  I printed up the window pic after googling whimsical store windows and then store "name" on clear acetate that I've had forever.

6 comments:

  1. Paula! That is awe. some. I love the quote you used inside the box. What a lovely teacher's gift that she will cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi :) the quote is from Tim Holtz's stamp line :)

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! What an awesome, thoughtful gift.
    I'm curious about the homemade texture paste (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted the link in your fb page for the texture past Court :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Paula, this is just incredible and so creative!! Every bit of these teacher appreciation gift is amazing!! Gorgeous tags, too - Santino's teacher will be floored!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria :) I had a lot of fun making it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails