Friday, September 9, 2011

Never Forget



How I will always remember my home's skyline.



One of the most iconic photos from that day

Every time I hear this song, I always think of him singing at the fundraiser the stars did days after


I can't believe it's ten years on Sunday that this aberration took place.  Time goes by, but it still hurts to think of all that was lost that day.  I remember not being able to get through to my Dad since the phone lines went bonkers to make sure my brother was ok.  He was a police officer at the time stationed right near the towers.  He was involved in search and recovery.   My father-in-law was on one of the construction crews that helped build the towers. My husband's partner's brother was a police officer in the aviation unit and flew a chopper above the towers videoing the whole thing.  One thing we both felt was this intense urge to go home, with hubby being a retired cop his desire to be in there helping was so overwhelming for him.  My family said the ashes traveled to Brooklyn and as they cleaned it was so sad knowing that people were mixed in that debris that they swept.

This is a day we must always remember, there are still those out there that would relish our demise and who pray for it on a daily basis. I'm glad to know that in my daughter's class this whole week they talked about it.

Remember this day always.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's 10 years since that horror of a day. I, too, will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails