Thursday, May 27, 2010

How Cute!

I made some cards for a challenge that Memory Makers board has each week.  The idea for the card vs a layout wasn't mine, that goes to Melissa, who's blog Stamping With Melissa, I follow and is just so very talented, click on her title and give her a visit.  I think they came absolutely adorable!  I used my cricut with the accent essentials cart to cut the different circles except the little flower shaped one in the middle.  That was a punch, then I inked the edges, I save my Mary Englebright calendar pgs just for this purpose, the pics are to cute with some neat quotes, stuck them on and then some embellies.  Check it out -



These little babies are just great!  I love em and think I'll make some more to have on hand.  I'm very happy with them.  Oh, and it's a great way to use your scrap stash!!  I didn't use a single whole sheet of new paper.  My scraps are growing by the second so cards are an awesome way to get rid of them. 

Us scrappers tend to be hoarders and I don't like to get rid of scraps until it isn't feasible to use any of it.  I'll sit at my table after a project and look at what's left and ask myself if I can use that little bit for something.  I'm getting better though with throwing away ; )

We're going to Vegas Baby!!!  We leave today and come back on Sunday.  I can not wait!  Just John and I no kids.  We got an awesome deal at the Hilton, 3 nights 4 days and 6 buffet vouchers for $199, couldn't say no!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how these turned out! Great idea to use the calendar pages. They're so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute Paula. I was wondering where you got the pictures from. Aren't scraps great for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colorful. So sparkly. So very CUTE!

    Enjoy Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable! Great work and great use of your scraps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails